dimanche 28 août 2011

Flea market finds... Trouvailles de vide-grenier

Last sunday I told you about french brocante. This morning I woke up very early to go to a famous vide-grenier. This is the only one that makes me thrilled and get me awake at 6.00am. And I wasn't disappointed!!!!
So I found some buttons on cards, a lovely little casserole, unused! My picts aren't good but I couldn't wait for showing off, hehe
Dimanche dernier je vous avais montré mes folies à la brocante. Ce matin, j'étais excitée d'aller à ce vide-grenier auquel je vais chaque année et qui me déçois jamais. L'ambiance y est particulièrement joviale, alors que sur les brocantes les vendeurs sont grincheux et les acheteurs agressifs. Là tout le monde y allait de sa bonne humeur! D'autant que les touristes étaient déjà sur la route...
Some 1842 and 1880 missels


Little bakery trays... they will be useful as beading trays in my studio


Victorian jet beads and an pyrite anchor brooch

And the best of all........

What are these????? I'm nice, I'm giving you one clue : they're about 5 or 8 cm high...

A guess anyone?  I'm wondering if I'm gonna tell you or let you find... 

I know!!! I'll offer one as a giveaway to the first person who gives me the right answer in the comment, deal! Don't forget to write me down your email address with a {at} instead of the @ so as I can reply to the winner.


Some more Flea market finds at Her Library Adventures's blog


13 commentaires:

  1. Wow, I love all your finds. Especially the buttons, beads and those little clock faces. I have no idea what your mystery items is, but I can't wait to find out.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Bonjour Lucie! I can only think that they hold up table numbers so the waiters can see where to deliver meals? (in the unlikely event I'm right don't send me one, i live a million miles away!) The jet beads are so beautiful, and the books...a French brocante really is my idea of heaven! x

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I have no idea what those last items are, but they are very interesting looking.

    You certainly found some lovely things. The black beads, the buttons, the old books. Great stuff. I can see why you woke up early for this sale!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. The bakery trays are so sweet, and the buttons look lovely.
    Would the mystery items be some sort of jewellery display stands?
    x

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Oh those buttons on cards. Beautiful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Zara, that's what I intend to do with them, they'll be my earrings holders, but this is not what they were originally used for :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. great finds!
    I also think these objects are probably to hold some jewelry...if not, you can use them for this!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Very jealous of your flea market shopping. Last items are intriguing and beautiful. They look like they should hold a big round candle - the jagged edge pushed into the wax! Can't wait to find out what they are meant for - but like your idea of displaying jewellery.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. tu as trouvé des trésors magnifiques a ce vide-grenier, tu as de la chance. les couvertures des livres sont particulierement jolies. il se trouve ou cet evenement annuel?!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Great finds !!!! No clue what these holders would be for :-( - I missed my vide grenier as my mother got hospitalised urgently...but all is wel with her now.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Moustache combs? Clearly, I have no idea but they're a great shape.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Musique d'ambiance pour les moules à madeleines

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JGHJbhcycQ&feature=related

    ; )

    See ya !


    JP

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!