samedi 18 août 2012

On the water...
Bâteau sur l'eau

Non, je vous assure que je n'ai pas regardé les J.O. et les épreuves de kayak!!! Pour ceux qui suivent, c'est parce que j'en ai refait à Groix....
No I haven't watched the Olympic games on TV and not the kayak competition! I know that my regular readers will remember it's not because of the games but because I've been kayaking during my last vacations...

Il paraît que quand j'ai une idée en tête.... disons que je suis têtue, voilà, et bien moi je trouve que c'est une qualité d'aller jusqu'au bout de ses désirs, ça me permet de vivre mes rêves et de faire des bijoux!
Comme j'avais envie de faire du kayak régulièrement, il me fallait un bâtô! 

Some say that I'm headstrong... but hey, I'm glad, thanks to being headstrong I'm eventually living my dreams and making jewelry!
So in order to kayak, I needed a... kayak.


We drove to North Brittany, near Morlay to buy it and I would have tried it right away but for the tide....

J'en ai trouvé un pas loin de Morlay, Bretagne nord, je l'aurais bien essayé tout de suite mais la marée...


....Low tide, too bad!

était basse!


But once at home, thanks to my little wheels, I need only 10 minutes to be ready!!!

Mais arrivée à la maison, en 10 minutes, avec mes petites roues je suis à l'eau!!!


et voilà!!!


(I'm the little point on the left)
(je suis le petit point en bas à gauche)

And I hear some asking "what has the boat to do with jewelry?" Well, I've bought that boat with the money I've earn selling my jewelry ! I'm proud!! And then I need to have some muscles in my arms in order to hammering, filing, making jewelry, ha!

Bon, et le rapport avec les bijoux alors, il est où? Et bien, j'ai pu m'acheter ce bateau avec mes sous gagnés à vendre mes créations. Je suis contente!! et puis, je vais me muscler un peu les bras, ce qui m'aidera à manier le marteau et autres outils, héhé!
Et n'allez pas croire que je passe mon temps à sillonner la Bretagne ou bien à pagayer, je travaille aussi un peu..

Don't think I'm spending all my time driving north and south to buy some kayak and paddling, I'm also working a little...

A new batch of bangles.... un nouveau jeu de bracelets


a new flower hair fork (custom orders already in the mail)... une nouvelle épingle à chignon (des commandes aux bons soins de la Poste) 

and eventually some new earrings, I've called them Belle-île, I offer free shipping for the first person who tells me why I've chosen this name (except my mother-in-law who knows because I told her already)
enfin de nouvelles boucles d'oreille, je les ai appelées Belle-île, frais de port offerts pour la première personne qui devine le pourquoi-du-comment de leur nom (sauf pour Anne qui sait déjà parce que je le lui ai dit!)

Below,verdigris brass on aluminum, I don't have a name for those, any ideas?
Ci-dessous, laiton patiné sur aluminium, Je ne leur ai pas encore trouvé de nom, une idée mesdames-messieurs?


and a sterling silver ring I'm still working on, it needs yet soldering, patina, texturing... well, completed.
et une bague en argent sur laquelle je travaille actuellement qui a besoin d'être soudée, patinée, texturée... finie quoi.


That's all folks!



8 commentaires:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations on making your dreams come true. You're an inspiration!
    Nice new jewels too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Just wonderful! It's great to distribute your well earned money into completely different areas. With my last lot of funds I bought some new running shoes and tights! I'd had the same running tights for 6 years. :/ It's wonderful to see you out on the beautiful French water! And loving your new bracelets. Exquisite!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wonderful blog. Smiling for you.
    Lovely new work too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Yayyyy, you have a kayak! I wish I lived in Bretagne--I would meet you out there on the water!

    I love your archaic style of jewelry, Lucie.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. How wonderful! Congratulations on the kayak. It looks so fun!

    The verdigris brass on aluminum earrings are my favorite. Great stuff!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. הלו לוסי ,בדיוק דיברנו עליכם היום
    מתגעגעים
    נשיקות
    שי
    shai

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. LOve the bague!!! Isn't that dangerous with a kayak on the sea.....

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!