lundi 4 novembre 2013

Darkness and Light
Lumières d'automne



We've been away a few days. Cosy in a little fisherman's house on the harbor.

Nous avons pris quelques jours de congés et nous nous sommes refugiés sur une île


Rain, wind, storm
Pluie, vent, tempête


Me waiting for the wind gust to cease
J'attends que la bourrasque se calme


 Contemplating the sea
Activités de contemplation


 observing the harbor activities


enjoying coffee and croissant on a sunny morning
les petits plaisirs


toutes ces photos ont été prises par M. Tales avec son appareil photo étanche


clouds gathering for the storm
avant la tempête


all these pictures have been taken by Mr. Tales


Me again trying to regain balance in the wind
Moi, essayant de ne pas perdre l'équilibre dans le vent (130km/h)



Before going away, between running cold and gastric flu, I made a few things
Avant de partir, entre un rhume et une gastro, j'avais fait quelques pièces


My first silver post earrings, two tiny fused irregular petals, oxidized and brushed

Les premières boucles d'oreille tiges entièrement en argent 925
Deux pétales irréguliers, patinés puis brossés

The first three pairs I made sold immediately, so I made a fourth... but they are the last ones, I hate repeating, making exact duplicates. I've taken the decision to make more one-of-a-kind pieces and variations, I will cease to re-do pieces. I've been thinking about this for some time now, I know many jeweller have catalogues and make pieces to order and this way is more "commercial", I mean creating new design is very time consuming and a way to make it worth is too replicate pieces. I tried the system for a while but it's not for me. Having to repeat the exact design is for me very stressful and it kills my pleasure and desire to make new things.



Les trois premières paires se sont vendues immédiatement. J'en ai refait une quatrième paire et ce sera la dernière de ce modèle.
J'ai pris une décision qui me taraudait depuis quelques temps déjà. Désormais je ferai davantage de pièces uniques. 
Créer une nouvelle pièce prend beaucoup de temps, donc une façon de "rentabiliser" (je hais ce mot) est de refaire la pièce au fur et à mesure des achats,  sur le modèle du catalogue. En France, les bijoutiers travaillent ainsi. 
J'ai essayé. Ce mode de fonctionnement ne me convient pas. Devoir refaire la même pièce est non seulement terriblement ennuyeux mais surtout me génère un stress énorme, une pression qui tue tout le plaisir et gêne la création de nouvelles pièces.







a new version of the silver flower earrings : I've fluted the recycled aluminum to form these tiny flowers and the heart is antique clear crystal cabochon. This version is shorter and the ear wires are titanium.



et une version plus courte et attaches en titane des dormeuses fleur. De l'aluminium recyclé et formé en fleur, le coeur est constitué avec deux anciens cabochons en cristal transparent.










6 commentaires:

  1. Lucie, I'm of the same mind when it comes to repeating designs.

    Love your work, and your magestic holiday pictures speak worlds! Respect for Mr Tales!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. We were lucky and missed the winds, there was a lot of damage around Wales. The coffees and croissants look very delicious! Loving those sweet stud earring, but I agree with you about the need and joy of creating new designs and continually evolving and refining your jewellery.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Earrings are beautiful, as always!!! And Im happy for you, that you spent some time in new place alone recharging your inner batteries!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Looks like a lovely get away. I am looking forward to seeing your new ooak work, which in addition to new and exciting designs, will be just as finely executed and beautiful as the previous.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your posts are like poems, particularly with the imagery, simple sentences in English and again in French. I gaze at them like one piece of art. :) Beautiful new pieces Lucie! I will have to indulge myself on some more earrings soon! :) x

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Beautiful photos and beautiful earrings! And I agree completely with your desire to create one of a kind pieces x

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!