jeudi 26 septembre 2013

Creative space : slow rhythm
Travail en cours : lentement


My clay experiments are going on, with porcelain this time, drying before firing
I mentioned the slow rhythm in the title because I caught two bugs one after the other, nothing serious, just the seasonal sore throat and rummy eyes and nose but enough to keep me from my bench because I couldn't see anything. And it takes me ages to recover some energy... 

Mes expérimentations avec de la terre continuent. Ici ce sont des perles en porcelaine en train de sécher avant la première cuisson.
Lentement, parce que j'ai chopé coup sur coup deux virus ou je ne sais quoi, rien de méchant, les trucs saisonniers avec maux de gorge et la tête en compteur à gaz, mais juste assez pour me tenir éloignée de ma table, il faut dire que je ne voyais plus rien. J'ai du mal à retrouver de l'énergie...


Isn't she fluffy? She has been now with us for almost 2 months. She's an adorable little companion, full of life and energy.

Elle est pas trognon? Cela fait deux mois qu'elle vit avec nous et elle est adorable, pleine de vie et d'énergie, elle.



I made them a while ago and I realized I hadn't show them off. So here they are, a bit rougher than my usual, I love the green rutilated quartz crystals, paired with hammered aluminum rings and oxidized sterling silver ear wires.

J'avais fait cette paire il y a déjà quelque temps mais je ne vous les avais pas présentées, alors les voici, un peu plus brutes que ce que je fais habituellement. J'aime beaucoup les cristaux de quartz verts avec inclusion de rutile (pas vraiment visible sur la photo), combinés avec des anneaux d'alu martelés et des attaches en argent 925 oxydé.


A pair with pearlized crackled porcelain drops by Petra and fancy vintage brass filigree (already sold)

Une paire de boucles avec les fameuses gouttes de porcelaine craquelée et finition perlée de la talentueuse Petra et associées à des filigranes anciens en laiton (vendues)


and another pair with fabulous porcelain drops by Petra (http://www.Scorchedearthonetsy.etsy.com) and the green in the edge of the drops is exactly the same of the green patina I obtained on these vintage brass eyelets. Did you know that verdigris came from "vert de Grèce" in french? I found Petra's work so inspiring! I was tempted to add something more to these but everything I tried was masking the details and the subtlety of the drops...



et une autre paire avec des gouttes de porcelaine de Petra, cette fois avec de l'oxyde de bronze à la lisière du bronze sur les perles ET sur les oeillets patinés. Plusieurs fois j'ai ajouté d'autres éléments mais cela cachait les détails, finalement c'est dans la simplicité que je les préfère. Saviez-vous que ce fameux vert de gris vient de la prononciation anglaise du français "vert de Grèce"?

16 commentaires:

  1. Beautiful earrings as usual! I love the roughness of the first one, and the crystals are gorgeous.

    I'm very excited to see the results of your experimenting. :)

    Healing vibes!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Beautiful new experiments! Even without energy! ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Such beautiful work...I hope this bout of malaise hasn't curbed this wonderful creative flow! Sending healing thoughts your way x

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Your kitten looks adorable! I'm glad she came back okay after her escaping adventure :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your creations are great as usual! Be healthy, please!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Those filigree earrings are wonderful--love the green seeping through! And that kitty is sweeeeet. Lucie, I hope you recover quickly.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. get well soon!
    I can see your porcelain beads on your earrings yet!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I absolutely love the rustic side of your beads and jewelry! get well soon Lucie!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. hoping you are feeling MUCH better :)

    Your little cat is beautiful!

    I absolutely love your earrings with Petra's drops. Such exquisite work. xoxo Juliette

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I hope you get over your sniffles soon and it looks like new kitty has found the perfect resting spot. Have you got a name yet?
    Can't wait to see how you use your new ceramic beads.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. some pretty things are shown here ... fluffy and non fluffy ;-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. The clay is fun isn't it?! Love all your earrings - as always. Glad you're feeling better.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Oh I realllly miss having a kitty. D:

    Petra's work is so good, last time I ordered some from her I just put some hooks on and kept them for my own, because I couldn't bear to part with their crackled deliciousness.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. gorgeous porcelain AND earrings. also i'd never heard of an anti-clastic stake- so interesting!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Lucie, your earrings and porcelain beads are exquisite. Characteristically refined, as all of your work is. Hoping you feel much better by now!

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!