jeudi 14 mai 2015

In the mail
Au courrier



Look what yesterday's mail brought me! When I opened the door and saw the postman with this red parcel, I was smiling in anticipation.

Hier quand j'ai ouvert la porte au facteur et que j'ai vu qu'il tenait un paquet rouge, déjà je souriais à l'avance du plaisir que j'aurais à le déballer.



and I took care to open it out of reach... which didn't suit this one. She's very curious and wanted to take part in the so thrilling unwrapping! 

Mais d'abord, il fallait s'assurer d'être hors de portée! Je n'étais pas la seule à vouloir déballer tout ce papier et carton d'emballage...



Certainly not for the cat! Candies!!! For the eye and also for the mouth! Look at these colors! 

Un régal!! Pour les yeux et la bouche aussi!

 

This blue is ... vibrating! And the granulated texture of the pale gold ones!

Ce bleu est stupéfiant, il vibre!


Here are Petra's word to describe these tips : "Hand formed in beautiful Bone China, and fired with crackle glaze. Then fired again with .999 fine silver and Mother of Pearl Lustre." Amazing.

Des pics nacrés. Voici les mots de Petra : "Formés à la main à partir de porcelaine de Chine et cuite avec un émail à craquelures. Puis à nouveau cuits avec de l'argent fin et un émail transparent nacré" 
Juste splendides

In these days, I happen to stumble upon more and more assemblage jewelry made from mass produced goods imported from the other side of the globe,  jewelry all looking the same and sold at not cheap prices. Even the so called shops offering selected art jewelry are filled with these... It saddens me. So today I'm celebrating artisan made supplies handmade by Petra Carpreau! I invite you to read this interview in this online magazine http://slipp.it/LeahCurtis/60310


this cherry red is luscious!

Ces derniers temps je vois de plus en plus de bijoux réalisés à partir d'éléments assemblés, éléments produits en masse et importés de l'autre côté de la planète. Tous ces bijoux se ressemblent et sont vendus à des prix élevés. Même les boutiques soit disant de créateurs en sont remplies. Cela me rend triste. Du coup, je réagis en vous montrant de très près le travail d'une céramiste artisanale avec laquelle je travaille déjà depuis quelques temps : Petra Carpreau (Royaume Uni). Lisez cette interview d'elle  dans ce magazine en ligne : http://slipp.it/LeahCurtis/60310


and these ones rough black with gold are my favorite this time, until next time!

et celles-ci avec leur texture rugueuse et or sont mes favorites du jour, jusqu'à la prochaine fois!

11 commentaires:

  1. Oh! The red and the white ones are my favorite. I can't wait to see what you are going to make of them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The blue spikes are my favorites. I am curious to see some gorgeous earrings in near future. Have much fun creating. I too love Petra's fantastic handmade supplies, some are still waiting to be added to earirngs or bracelets. BacaCaraJewelry

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ohhh Lucie, What a beautiful soul you are! I'm soo glad you enjoyed your parcel, and am overwhelmed at your appreciation of my work!! I already know that you'll create the most stunning pieces with them, and hope you'll have fun doing so. Merci, merci bien, Cherie XXX:O) <3

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Quel trésor ! Et ce bleu, magnifique.
    Tu as raison de nous ouvrir les yeux sur la qualité vraie.
    Des bises et à tout bientôt !

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. How beautiful are those colors!!! I too am in love with Petra's masterful use of color, and glazes. How could anyone go back to plain old mass produced work when you have treasures like these?

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I LOVE the black and gold ones too. What a wonderful red package to get in the mail---hmmm, will have to go visit Petra's page...

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. You and Petra-that's a winning combination! Looking forward to your upcoming eye candy.

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!