mardi 28 janvier 2014

Water has passed…
L'eau a coulé…


While there is a terrible drought in California, here the winter is very damp, floods, storms, hail… (these pictures are for you Cynthia)

Alors que la Califormnie connait une grande sécheresse, ici l'hiver est particulièrement humide, inondations, tempêtes, grêle...


We've known our bigger storms since we live in this town and the sea was big

Nous avons connu la plus grosse tempête depuis que nous vivons ici


At this spot I barely could stand

A cet endroit précis à ce moment précis, je pouvais à peine tenir debout


these 4 pictures  above were taken by M. Tales

Ces 4 photographies ont été prises par M. Tales


Ces deux paires de boucles d'oreille sont une commande particulière pour compléter une parure avec les colliers que j'avais faits en décembre. J'ai utilisé des sertis anciens en argent plaqué des années 30-40 très délicats à manipuler…


Ces two pairs of earrings were a commission to match the necklaces I made last december. I used these antique lacy settings, they are sterling silver plated from 1930s and the most delicate to handle… I don't have many more left but I've made another pair combining upcycled aluminum with rhinestone, one of my favorite combo

J'ai quand même pu faire une légère variation de cette association aluminium martelé et cristal de bohême que j'aime particulièrement. Il n'y en aura pas d'autre! A moins que je ne trouve un stock inutilisé depuis les années 40? Il est permis de rêver, non?
these above are available but there won't be any other! except if I find another new old stock of these amazing settings, am I allowed to dream?


A combination of vintage settings hammered flat with antique filigree that I've oxidized and then riveted. Many of you will have recognized the ceramic drops as the amazing work of Petra, they have incredible coppery falkes beneath the glaze! (sold already)



Une composition avec des sertis anciens en laiton rouge martelés à plat, des filigranes anciens que j'ai oxydés noirs et rivetés, et enfin les fameuses gouttes de porcelaine de la talentueuse Petra!



A first ! I've submitted to the Valentine mania!!! yes, these are tiny HEARTS! Vintage kuchi ones combined with ribbed brass fans. I've called them Radiant heart earrings :)

Et oui, j'ai succombé à la vague de coeurs de la Saint-Valentin!! Ce sont bien des petits coerus que vous voyez sur ces boucles d'oreille. Anciens et venant d'Inde associés à des éléments en laiton cannelé. Je les ai appelées, Coeur Radieux :)


The persons who are receiving my newsletter know already this necklace and some might recognize the pottery shard of which I have already spoken here. It took an amazingly amount of time to be completed. I tried many many combinations and all were wrong. It has to mature someway and I must say that I have plenty pieces maturing right now on my table… 
I've made a tortoise setting for the sea tumbled pressed glass piece with an upcycled piece of zinc. It was a first and I like this kind of setting very much! To be renewed then!
Beads are recycled glass, jasper, vintage frosted glass. The rolo chain is antique silver. One of a kind piece of course.


les personnes abonnées à ma Newsletter l'auront déjà vu ce collier Laisse de mer et d'autres reconnaitront le fragment de céramique usé par les vagues dont j'avais déjà parlé à propos du sertissage.  Il m'a fallut un certain temps pour le terminer ce collier! J'ai essayé plusieurs combinaisons avant de trouver la bonne. Du temps pour une certaine maturation. Et je peux vous dire qu'il y a un certain nombre de pièces en maturation sur ma table!
J'ai réalisé un sertis dit en tortue pour le fragment de verre pressé avec un morceau de zinc récupéré. J'aime bien ce type de sertis, à renouveler donc.
Les perles sont en verre recyclé, en jaspe vert, en verre dépoli. La chaine est ancienne et en argent.
Pièce ultra unique forcément.




and my big piece of news is my own website with my domain name!!!
For now it is mainly a page that links to this blog, to my etsy shop and it has an awesome gallery too. I thank gratefully Heyme for having built this site and had the extreme patience confronted to my pickiness (is it a proper English word?)  All words I have written with a vintage classic pen nibs and ink then scanned and sent to Heyme.



LA nouvelle c'est la naissance de mon site internet!!! avec mon nom de domaine!!!
Pour l'instant il s'agit surtout de regrouper le blog et la boutique,   mais il y a aussi une galerie d'images. Je remercie sincèrement Heyme pour son travail et son énorme patience car je suis un brin perfectionniste.
Tous les mots on été écrits de ma main à la plume et à l'encre de chine puis scannés et envoyés à Heyme.

Voili-voilà!


6 commentaires:

  1. ...I love weather, and the photos of the waterfront are thrilling. But what thrills me as well is your continuing work, and new website!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Luscious new jewels, especially the earrings with the delicate, vintage settings. Scary raging seas. Beautiful website, Lucie! Brava!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Superbeautiful Website, Lucie!
    I also use mine to bundle all infos clearly.
    I love the handwritten text.

    Yes, the water is all over this year. No wonder, it was the chin. year of the water snake..let´s hope for a good (and dry) year of the horse, which starts soon.

    great new pieces of jewelry!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. All that stormy weather! Although it seems scary I just absolutely love a really good storm. It's most invigorating. I'm not often on the beach in summer, but more so in winter in a big coat. :) I love your new work Lucie and particularly that necklace, it's a real beauty! :) x

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Your new work is truly beautiful! I especially adore the necklace with the pottery shard. The time you spent on it was worthy :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. 300 mètres de chez moi... Ce jour-là, je ne suis pas sortie : les photos sont impressionnantes !
    Bravo pour le site internet.
    Bon week-end, toujours agité, quelques semaines plus tard mais ça va bien se calmer un jour !

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!