lundi 3 décembre 2012

Shop updates, vintage finds and a treat!
Des nouveautés, du vintage et un cadeau pour moi

Some new earrings, stamped copper, Jacob's tears and gold and bronze antique beads.
I've tried a new background for my pictures. An antique book cover, I intended to list it but now it is one of my props, I like its texture and color.

Une nouvelle paire de boucles d'oreille, cuivre estampé, larmes de Jacob et perles anciennes en bronze et en verre. Et un nouveau fond pour mes photos. C'est une couverture d'un vieux livre que j'avais l'intention de mettre dans ma boutique vintage mais qui finalement termine dans mes accessoires photo. J'aime beaucoup le tissage et la couleur.


A new set of hair pins, black and silver this time, vintage tin stampins that I have blackened. They are in an antique cake tin this one I had not listed because one edge was definitely too eaten by rust and is now a photograph decor. Seing this picture, a friend told me it would be a great display in a shop for hairpins... damn, I've sold the other ones! I would have to go look for some more at the flea market! What a bore! ;-P

Un nouveau jeu d'épingles à chignon, des fleurs argent et noir. Anciennes bien sûr et patine noire maison. Elles sont présentées dans un ancien moule à flan qui n'a pas été vendu car le bord était de la dentelle rouillée. Une copine m'a fait la remarque que c'était une super idée de présentation en boutique... mais j'ai vendu les autres! Je vais être obligée de retourner à la chasse au marché aux puces! Trop bête ;-P

These are the treasures I've bought last weekend at a flea market. Most of them will be having a new life as jewelry components. The brass flowers were parts of a crystal chandelier, and the bullion pompoms are just wonderful, they were Christmas tree decorations.

Mes trophées de chasse au marché aux puces de la semaine dernière. La plupart vont connaître une nouvelle vie intégrés dans des bijoux. Les éléments en laiton proviennent d'un lustre en cristal et les pampilles en cannetilles étaient des décorations de Noël...magnifiques


In the car on our way to this flea market, I was determined to go with no intentions of buying much because I had so much to list in my vintage shop, just waiting and wailing for my attention. And I've found the most exquisite finds, I couldn't resist!!!

Dans la voiture sur la route du marché aux puces, j'avais décidé de ne quasiment rien acheter étant donné toutes les merveilles attendant d'être photographiées et listées dans ma boutique. Je n'irais que pour me rincer les yeux. Et en fait, je n'ai pas su résister!


Antique books, the older is from 1742 !!!!
Des livres anciens, le plus ancien date de 1742!!

A little office stamp.. I find it difficult to let go... To stamp "paid" in french "Payé" in a delightful cursive typo on all your invoices. Ah, already listed here

Un petit tampon de bureau que j'ai bien du mal à laisser partir... Pour estamper "Payé" sur toutes les factures! Déjà en boutique!

More vintage finds here : http://apronthriftgirl.typepad.com/

And now, I wanted to share with you the most exquisite journal I've treated myself with, so beautifully handcrafted by the talented Louise of Bibliographica

Et puis je voulais montrer le cadeau que je me suis offert, pour mes croquis et autres pensées du jour, un exquis petit journal réalisé de façon artisanale  par la talentueuse Louise, dont la boutique Bibliographica est un enchantement.

and the pictures don't do justice to the details, to the grain of the luxurious piece of thick reclaimed leather, which looks black but is in fact a very, very dark espresso brown, the touch of the paper, an archive text paper, a very high quality 120gsm paper which is a permanent long life paper. Louise has tea stained & hand torn each piece, then stitched them into the leather with brown Irish linen thread.
I love it!!


Les photos ne rendent pas justice au magnifique travail de Louise, au grain de ce cuir riche et épais qui parait noir mais est en fait un brun très sombre. Le papier est d'une qualité extraordinaire, un papier qu'elle a elle-même déchiré puis teinté et ensuite cousu au cuir avec un fil de lin Irlandais. Je l'adore!


7 commentaires:

  1. Wonderful finds as always :) And I absolutely adore the new hairpins! They had already caught my attention when I stopped by your shop earlier today.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I like the earrings very much...and the journal is drool worthy.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Amazing finds and of course lovely new products Lucie! I love those black hair pins!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Unbelievable array of treasures here--your life is dreamy to me!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Wonderful finds, I love them all!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Lucie, what a wonderful read! All these delightful beautiful things everywhere and how I dream of these fleamarkets you frequent! Oh to be there for a day.... I am so happy you love your journal so much, this is wonderful news. I loved making it with you in mind, I really did. The earrings you made me accompany me everywhere these days, the little sound keeps me company. They are so beautiful. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. great finds! If you have no intentions to buy something, mostly you find a lot...same with me.

    Love the Photo background !

    RépondreSupprimer

J'adore lire vos commentaires, merci!
I love reading your comments, thank you!